Tuesday, July 17, 2012

My Home in Lima

In less than a week, I begin my new adventure in Lima, Peru!

Here's a sneak peek at my apartment in the Miraflores area of Lima. I'm on the sixth floor, and am looking forward to coffee on the terrace overlooking the ocean! Miraflores is known for its shopping areas, gardens, parks and beaches (which unfortunately, are not sandy beaches). The apartment definitely needs some personal touches, but you'll notice it has plenty of space for visitors! 

Video not working? Watch it here!

The park that the apartment overlooks is called the Parque del Amor. Yes, that's Love Park. There is a large statue of a man and woman in the park, called El Beso, which was sculpted by Victor Delfin. There are mosaic tile benches along the park overlooking the Pacific Ocean. I visited the park a little over two years ago- little did I know I would one day live across the street! 
The only sun we saw in Lima during our trip in July- remember, it's winter  in July in South America.
Notice what I'm wearing in the middle of winter! 





No comments:

Post a Comment